What is the protocol when someone comes in to pick up their order?
When someone comes in to pick up an order,
- Confirm the order in the system and not the Sales Order (you’ll need it for the Will Call sheet),
- Go check the clipboard and will call inventory in the back (on the racks along the wall on the left immediately after entering the warehouse).
- If their name and product are on the sheet
- give them their product, and
- have them initial the sheet.
- If their name and product are not on the sheet, verify with Shipping. (it is probably because they placed the order and it is processing)
- If Shipping personnel aren’t available
- Pull the products from the inventory in the back,
- write the details on the pick up sheed on the clipboard next to Will Call, and have them initial, and
- Slack Alisha the name, order number, sales order number, and DNS (do not ship). (Example: JEN WIGHT ORDER 12324/SO2384: DNS)